Friday, December 16, 2005

DOES TRUTH PAY YOU???

The journey of truth is one which has umpteen hurdles.Somewhere down the lane there is a feeling inside you whether it is worth the pain that it gives.....

It was early summer of 2005 when the hectic activities of placements started in our college.Suddenly everybody is scrambling just like a airforce base when there is a blitzkreig.Finally the D-DAY arrives.All strategies worked out,a day one dream company just rolls a rozy picture for the scrambling amateurs if you may call them to be.DISASTER STRIKES.....The first list is out and my name doesnt seem to be in it.Beleive it or not a bengali ill mannered out of shape illiterate bullshitting DAME with 6 backs and a failure in C-yes the most basic attribute for any IT -guy's inherent logic is selected.i congratulate the company which has picked here.Last i heard was the TL in the company is falling at her feet to get some work done.Well then the real story starts pouring in like the baaz which hit chennai.

These dames and a few people had the audacity to copy in the recruitment of their first company in life.Everybody selected is showing that they are one up above us.I always bow my head to somebody who has more knowledge or is more capable than me,it is not that the grapes are sour.Then the same streak continues with morality being thrown to winds.

All the while i was in the centre of this cyclone literally seeing the fortune change in just a couple of months.By late february the wounds grow deeper and thicker.Suddenly there is a fear factor setting in whether you will eventually get placed?Then there are these obvious questions on the family front wherein they also start to feel that maybe my son is just not good enough.

Eventually i rummage from the muck in the dustbin and got what i thought was a piece of **** which evntually turned out to be wrong.Now i go up to this placement officer in his cabin and politely ask him are there any more oppurtunities coming on my plate.

Maybe he doesnt know who he is or where he has come from- a PERFECT nin·com·poop who is literally playing with lives.He tells me that BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS and that when i am incapable of getting placed ,i must not come to him.This is where i thought and probably you will also think the story ends.

This is where it starts.I was really distraught with myself for my plans going awry ,I just couldnt sleep properly for months.I guess in the end you start questioning yourself whether you did the right thing.I try to put things behind me after plenty of procrastination and lying in the dust-bin.I finally got into a small company -touchwood was the best i could have asked for at that moment.Although they were paying me a pittance ,i loved my job and it was really great to work there.Exams round the corner and everybody starts getting busy with the exams.By this time even the idiots and the most foolish guys in the college are advising me .We have this damsel who got selected on day with 6 backs ,comes to me and literally staring at me and says "you still havent been placed?".Well i just had no answers.

By the end of the exam i was down and out ,i was to go back home.My dad and mom were now concerned,literally seeing classmates and they beleived i was not putting in my best,any parent would have done that ,pretty natural.They by now realised that everything was over ,even i belevied so .all the while in my 2 months i was making plans on how to go about the mess i have been in the past.I came back on a sunday morning and mom told me that my grand mom is in town ,blah blah.I wouldnt have met either way but somehow that day i met her.My uncle asked me what i was doing ,i gave him a rozy picture of the whole thing.He asked me if i would like to work for a MNC ,we would get me a referral,nothing more than that.

Then things clicked after the nth round i was finally made the offer and here i was by the grace of GOD.in my own backyard killing all my opposition and raising from the dust literally.

Well what can i say ,truth will prevail.even if you are put in the dustbin one day the next day you may be the king provided you beleive in what you are going to be,be thruthful at heart and work towards your goal

Cheers

Wingcommander

No comments: