Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sometimes we try just too hard.....




There have been so many times when one gets overwhelmed by the situation at hand.The solution to a tough situation need not be tough and vice versa.

Just to give an live example of what i mean

I wanted to add my favourite bloggers to my list.Hence i asked my fellow blogger as to how do i do it.She gave me n steps and told me to go ahead and do it ,the first 2 steps being

(a)Click on CUSTOMIZE(on the top right side of the main page)
(b)Click on ADD A PAGE ELEMENT

I did the first step and then was frantically looking for the PAGE ELEMENT,but could not find it .After some R&D,i found that i would need to edit an xml ,but to no avail.then i realized that i need to port to a new theme and then i would see the option that Nancy was quoting.huffff .pufffff


I thought i am just steps aways and went ahead and added the link but to my dismay the link wouldnt resolve and said "Website not found".I was like whats wrong now.she asked me to copy and paste her link and i was doing the same thing,i did the same steps and again i would endup at the same state .


Then i just sat back and saw the error message and again did some R&D,being a s/w engg myself :).i soon realized that Nancy had missed a "." in the .com and i fixed it .Again i hurried off to check my link but this time i didnt name the link so i could see it .Huff puff huff pufff


I fixed this as i named the link Nancy and lo behold i saw my favourite bloggers list ..


Sometimes in life people get caught in the web and dont think as to what they are doing and may loose the charm of life or to come out of a situation,hence dont hurry there are smalll things one needs to pick up ,in that sense then we dont always have to blame a situation..As i always say it is not the situation which makes a man ,it is how he handles it .

This is Sukhoi signing off :)

7 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Gald to see yo managed after all!Yes it can be a bit confusing in the beginning--but soon one gets the hang of it.
Cheers nd thanks for stopping by.
Preeti (Just a mother of two)

STALAG SUKHOI said...

Thanks preeti :)

Shruti said...

lol.. this when u've been blogging since 2005?! Hey but good that you're learning :) Soon u'll be blogrolling..

STALAG SUKHOI said...

The fact is i was on and off of blogging and it was not until recently that i started venturing out.
Cheer
Sukhoi

Butterfly said...

I stay clear of such complications till I have all the time in the world to spare. Which is not very often. That is why on my page, it is just the obvious easy things that are there. Bcos when ever I try, i just go around in circles.

But since u laid the procedure out, I am gonna give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by on my page.

Reflections said...

Yeah, yeah seconding ur opinion....its the way he handles it. And theres a particular satisfaction when u finally figure out the solution all by urself.

STALAG SUKHOI said...

Bins :

:) Welcome

Nancy :

You are spot on satisfaction is like icing on the cake,more so since i am a software engg i cant let small things bother me ;)