Saturday, June 10, 2006

The angel in disguise:

My dog has turned 14 years.I would rather call it one among us.I remember the first day when it came to my place,it was very apprehensive.He was about 3 months or something.We brought in a butti :) [carry bag] to my place in salem from bangalore.

We had just been transferred from bangalore to salem and it was a great feeling to have a dog.I am glad that i can say that my dog has survived 14 long years and still going strong.I remember in the earlier days when i used to get up early and take him for a walk.There i s a quote which says that "like master like dog".In our case it was true..He was highly short tempered,although it is tapering now.Poms are known to be moody and boy wasnt he moody.Lashing out at anybody except my dad from whom he has been at the receiving ends at more than one occasion

I remember once in his early days he did something drastically wrong,i dont remember exactly what for which he received one hell of a trashing ,he couldnt walk properly for a couple of days.I was almost in tears for him.

He will welcome you and he can sense your mood in a jiffy.He is remarkable in this sense.He likes to play around the house and with us.Get on us and just do whatever he wants.he can get really notorious once he is in a playful mood.

There were some days in my life when i had nobody to turn to in my life and he used to comfort me.I used to pour out myself in front of him and he would patiently listen to me.There were days when he wasnt happy after i talked to him(i still keep wondering how on earth could he decipher what i was telling him even to this day).

He is a strickler for his health.If he has a stomach upset he wont eat anything for almost 3 days until things are set right.He maintains it even to this day.Mom always says "see how well softy recovers from his indigestion."He is a genius in this sense.

There was this funny incident which i always tell people.It was the middle of summer and all of us including him were sleeping in the hall.We were watching a movie and he was sleeping under the fan.We were all sleepy so we decided to move to our living rooms and we switched of the fan.Softy(his name ) got up almost instantly and gave us a stare.He didnt like us switching off the fan and he followed my into my room and slept again only after i had switched on the fan. :)

Well all i can say is he is one gem of a boy. :) .He has grown up with me ,so he will always have a special place in my heart.Mind you there are people who want pups,that is when they look cute .Nobody wants a old dog.My call is just that he has been with us through the thick and thin and he will be with us till the very last.He has grown old and he is no more the jovial dog he used to be.But thats the way it is .Touchwood he has been remarkably healthy and continues to be with no major illness.With the hope that he will be with us for many more years to come.....

Sukhoi

1 comment:

smoke said...

Hey... Damn sweet post. Brought back memories of my dog, Rovi. We had some awesome times with her and I get what you mean by dogs' uncanny ability to understand what we humans tell them. They're really intelligent and sensitive.

Unfortunately, my dog didnt live up to such a ripe old age! :( But here's wishing Softy a happy birthday and a long and healthy life!