Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Irony of life

I came in to work on a a Saturday morning,it is kind of strange when you see nobody around and you are all alone at work .But I really dont mind the silence.

I was breaking my head to solve the automation code i had in front of me ,by the time i realised it was about 12 pm and i ordered some lunch for myself.As usual i was musing over where am i heading for in future and all a lot of other stuff that usually is on the back of my mind

As i was just about to sit for my lunch ,this scenario happened in front of me.The young boy of about 18 years was wiping the granite slab right near the window.I was a few feet away and i was observing him.His attention was dragged towards the plane which was taking off.His eyes said it all.He was staring at it .Right in front of it i could see the labourers in the tents having their lunch .The young boy wanted to watch the plane till the very end ,he bent his neck so much so that he could no longer see the plane anymore.I could see the plane as it passed by, i could see the reflection right across my plate on the gleaming granite slab.

Well to be frank i thank "GOD" ,that i am one of the lucky guys who doesnt have to think about where my next meal would come from .I guess there was a encrypted message in the whole thing for me.

2 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

Hey. I guess you are right. It is difficult to imagine ourselves in that situation and we take it so much for granted. Nice thoughtful words.

Roopa said...

Very true..Insightful post :-)